MRC J2 Orthodontic Teeth Trainer Myobrace J2 Brace Appliance
Design Characteristics of J2
1. Medium-hardness material – for improved arch development.
2. Hollow tongue tag; tongue guard and elevators – train the tongue to sit in final correct position and prevent thumb sucking.
3. Breathing holes – assist the transition to correct nasal breathing.
4. Extended lip bumper – discourages strong, overactive lip muscles.
How The J2 Works
The Myobrace for Juniors™ is a three-stage appliance system designed specifically to correct poor oral habits while treating upper and lower jaw development problems. The J2 provides arch development as well as habit correction and is made of medium-hardness material which assists in widening and developing the jaws. The J2 is a single-size appliance available in pink and blue.
MRC has pioneered the use of appliances to correct myofunctional habits in growing children and has proven success in orthodontic correction without braces. This treatment can also lead to better facial development in growing children. The key to this treatment is correcting the position and function of the tongue, obtaining correct nose breathing and retraining the oral muscles to function correctly.
Myobrace® appliances effectively train the tongue to position correctly in the upper jaw, retrain oral musculature and exert light forces to align the teeth.
J2 is most effective in the primary dentition from as early as three years of age.
Directions for use
The J2 must be worn for one to two hours each day and overnight while sleeping and always remember to follow these few simple steps:
• Lips together at all times except when speaking or eating.
• Breathe through the nose, to assist the development of the upper and lower jaws, and to achieve the correct bite.
• No lip activity when swallowing, which allows the front teeth to develop correctly.
• Improved dental alignment.
• Improved facial development.
Cleaning the Myobrace J2
The J2 should be cleaned under warm running water every time the patient removes it from their mouth.